My Amish mother-in-law, Amanda, has always been known a great baker and cook. Her grandchildren along with her sons have enjoyed these cookies while talking around the kitchen table on many occasions. These cookies are excellent in flavor and texture with a great chewy consistency.
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 cups flour
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream brown sugar and butter.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together baking powder and soda; add remaining dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- Chill dough.
- Form into balls and roll into powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and press balls down.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
Please call 1-330-893-3068 or 1-800-320-3338
of 8:15 am and 9:00 pm to make reservations.
Toll Free: 1-800-320-3338 ·
5523 TWP 358 (East Street) Berlin, OH 44610
PO Box 307 · Berlin OH 44610